Thursday, July 14, 2011

Baked Eggs with Cauliflower, Spinach, Tomatoes, and Feta


Baked Eggs with Cauliflower, Spinach, Tomatoes, & Feta

Cauliflower, in small florets
Cherry tomatoes, quartered
Feta Cheese

Garlic
Spinach

Eggs
Olive oil
Salt, Pepper, I used Paprika (you can use anything your little heart desires)

- Preheat oven to 350F.

- Lightly toss the cauliflower florets and cherry tomatoes in the seasoned olive oil and garlic. (Save a little olive oil for later)


- Fill ramekins or small baking dish with the cauliflower and tomatoes mixture. Bake in oven for about 15 minutes or until cauliflower florets are just slightly browned at the tips.

- Remove from oven, sprinkle on the Feta, and layer with spinach leaves.


- Crack the eggs gently over the spinach leaves. I only planned on baking two eggs, but my dish was pretty big so I needed three. I'll use a small ramekin next time for perfect individual servings. Drizzle a little more seasoned olive oil over the top.


- Bake until eggs are cooked to your liking. I like my yolks pretty firm, so it took about 15 minutes. (The yolks were runny at 10 min, if that's what you're into).

No comments:

Post a Comment