Friday, July 15, 2011

Roasted Peaches

These babies are sent from heaven (and the easiest dessert you'll ever bake).

Healthy Topping:
Dollop of Greek yogurt
Splash of Orange Juice
Pinch of Splenda

-Mix em all up together. You could of course use whipped cream or mascarpone, but I promise that mine is real tasty....

PEACHES

Slice one peach in half, remove pit. I sprinkled cinnamon on both halves. Then tried a sprinkle of sugar on one half, and a drizzle of honey on the other. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes until the top is brown and crystallized (i did this in my toaster oven! watch your peaches). Insert a sharp knife to ensure the peach is tender throughout. OHMAGOD so. good.

6 comments:

  1. Will you make this for me sometime? Too bad the peach crop is the pits this year. Get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the Texas peaches smelled like cardboard, but my Georgia Peaches were deliciously peachy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This must be tried immediately. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. where did you get these peaches? i bought peaches a couple weeks ago that were no bueno :( i've been craving a peach like woahhh!and this looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got lucky at Central Market... but like I said, the Georgia Peaches are the way to go! I just had my second peach with breakfast and it was PERFECT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't find peaches! Had to do it with not-quite-ripe nectarines, and it STILL left me in a blissful daze...

    ReplyDelete